Background Right


My child is complaining about a toothache. What should I do?
There are many reasons that a child can complain of a toothache. The best treatment is to have your child seen by a dentist. After an evaluation, we can make the best recommendation for treatment.

My child bit her tongue and she’s bleeding. What should I do?
Apply gentle pressure with a clean cloth or gauze to stop the bleeding.

Apply an ice compress to the injured area (Can be applied if no bleeding as well).

If bleeding does not stop, go to the emergency room at your local hospital.

My child got something stuck in between her teeth. How do I get it out?
Use dental floss to remove the object. You may need to make one or two small knots in the floss to help remove the debris. If you cannot remove the object, call us.

*Do not use any sharp metal implements to try to remove the object.

My child just broke a tooth, what now?
For all emergencies related to dentistry, please contact our office. We need to see your child to assess the damage and plan treatment.

My child’s tooth was knocked out, what should I do?
For all emergencies related to dentistry, please contact our office.

  1. For a permanent (adult) tooth
    Locate the tooth and handle it gently from the crown rather than the root.
    Place the tooth in a cup of milk. Go to the dentist immediately as action within 30 minutes offers the best chance for saving the tooth
  2. For primary (baby) teeth
    Leave it out. You do not want to damage the developing adult tooth by puting it back. If you are unsure if it is a baby or adult tooth, place it in milk and contact our office to speak to the dentist on call.