Every child has their own unique needs. Whether your child has physical, developmental or other needs, you want to make sure he or she receives the dental care they need from a dentist who can provide dental care for persons with disabilities. We at North Calgary Pediatric Dentistry can provide that!
For a pediatric dentist, the term “special needs” can include concerns such as a cleft lip and palate, cerebral palsy, childhood cancer, autism, Down syndrome, or other disabilities. On top of any child’s expected anxiety about a visit to the dentist, heightened anxieties, fears, and sensory challenges can be present. We have the training and the ability to make them feel at ease, communicate clearly, and get the job done in a friendly environment.
The good news is there are pediatric dentists who have been trained specifically to provide care and treatments for children with disabilities, including autism.
These professionals know how to address children’s anxiety, and help their patients relax before and during any dental treatment. North Calgary Pediatric Dentistry will be able to help you, or refer you to an autism specialized pediatric dentist.
Our entire team at North Calgary Pediatric Dentistry have specialized skills to provide dental care for children with special needs. Our dentists are autism friendly, and understand how to reduce children’s anxieties and provide specific pain management such as general anesthesia, if that's what your child needs.
We can even provide parents with tips and instructions for how to take an autistic child to the dentist, and we'll work closely with your child’s medical team to ensure we can provide integrated care.
or visit us.
1. Searching for a special needs dentist for kids Calgary NE
2. Worry that your child will not receive sensitive care
3. Anxiety about how your child will respond
4. Fear that your child will experience pain and trauma
5. Concern your child will reject all dentists going forward
1. Finding a special needs dentist for your child in Calgary NE
2. Confidence your child will receive sensitive special needs care
3. Relax knowing the staff are trained to reduce kids’ anxiety
4. Feel certain your child will not experience excessive pain and trauma
5. Look forward to your child being relaxed about a dental visit
(403) 295 8010
Mon to Fri: 7:30am to 3:00pm
© 2022 North Calgary Pediatric Dentistry - All Rights Reserved | SEO and Website by Jaw Drop Marketing